Click Image For Larger View
Autronic SM2 is sequential
This model is aimed at the serious racer.
With traction control, it is ideal for circuit racing.
The Autronic SM2 includes harness, air and
water temp sensor, internal map sensor, fuel pump relay, PC data cable,
calibration and data logging software, 100 page manual.
The internal map sensor is available in 1bar absolute or 4.4 bar absolute
Available with high current (low impedance) or low current (high
impedance) injector drivers.
Harness has a connector which plugs into the Ecu, and has a socket for
fuel pump relay.
The data cable to connect to a IBM
compatible PC or Laptop plugs into a port on the ECU case.
L = 180mm (7")
W = 200mm (8")
H = 40mm (1 1/2")
Overview or Specifications
below for more information.
- Sequential operation for 2 to 8
- 3D fuel and Ignition maps.
- User defined up to 32 RPM and 16 Load
sites = 512 sites.
- Eight auxiliary outputs other than fuel
- Auxiliary outputs can be defined for
boost control, nitrous oxide, staged
- injectors, camshaft timing, AC, fan
control, idle valve etc...
- Traction Control.
- Flat Shift. (ver 1.92 & 1.93)
- Launch Control. (ver 1.93)
- Data Logging.
- Available with high current drivers if
- AutoTune option available.
- Compatible with Motec Dash.
The Autronic SM2 Sequential Engine Management System are
versatile engine management controls for all engine performance upgrades.
Their sophisticated features allow these products to provide performance
that rivals even the most expensive European systems costing 3 to 10 times
Included are features previously found in
Formula 1 level applications, yet this system has the flexibility to be
used by the every day engine tuner for almost any high performance
A user friendly "IBM" compatible laptop
program allows the user to select the degree of sophistication required
for each application. This program, in combination with intelligence
within the management system, allows the user to select the finest
calibration detail required to match the application, in absolute minimum
This program provides the means of
interrogating the engine management system enabling speedy diagnosis and
These systems can cater for the requirements of virtually any
spark ignition engine, including the following.
i. High output supercharged or turbocharged engines, with either multi
point and/or center point injection.
ii. Rotary (Wankel) and two stroke engines.
ii. Engines having uneven firing sequences such as 2 and 4 cylinder "V"
configuration motor cycle engines and V6 motor vehicle engines.
IMPORTANT:- Please note that this product is intended for high performance
motor sport applications and compliance with statutory regulations when
used on public roads cannot be guaranteed.
1. a. Eight injector drivers for full sequential operation on engines up
to eight cylinders. May be set for 'semi-sequential' operation on engines
having more than 8 cylinders. e.g:- 12 cylinder engine using 6 groups of 2
b. All injector types catered for (0.9 ohm to 16 ohm coil resistance).
Specify unit fitted with optional high current injector drivers for 0.9
ohm or twin injector applications.
2. User choice of manifold absolute
pressure or throttle position as engine load input. Internal absolute
pressure sensor for simplified installation 0 to 200 kpa (0 to 29.4 PSI)
and 0 to 300 kpa (0 to 44.1 PSI) available from stock. 0 to 450 kpa (0 to
66.1 PSI) available on request.
3. Single coil distributor, twin coil
distributor or muilticoil distributor-less ignition configurations are
possible on most engines.
4. Closed loop (feedback) boost pressure
control for turbocharged engines with multiple calibration curves
selectable by switch input or road speed (eg:- lower boost curve for use
in low gear).
5. Closed loop (feedback) idle speed
6. Exhaust oxygen sensor input for sensing
air/fuel ratio. Connect either a Bosch narrow band O2 sensor or for more
demanding applications a Bosch wide band O2 sensor and Autronic Analyzer.
The low cost narrow band sensor requires no interface adapters or
expensive air/fuel ratio meters, and offers moderate accuracy and
tolerance to leaded fuels. This function can be used to monitor air/fuel
ratio during engine tuning or can be used for feedback control of air/fuel
ratio for applications requiring exhaust catalytic conversion (feature
available on request).
7. Diagnostic/Error indicator of sensor or
ECU fault conditions with memory for detection of intermittent fault
8. Measurement of end correction for
exhaust back pressure (applicable to turbocharged engines).
9. Control of engine cooling fans and
coordination with air conditioner operation.
10. Programmable on/off output for
solenoid or relay driving that operates according to engine speed and load
(eg:- can be used for gear shift control or light, over rev indicator,
inlet camshaft timing selection or control of a supplementary electric
fuel pump that augments mechanical fuel pump delivery at low engine rpm
11. Precise spark advance control strategy
for both static and dynamic operating conditions.
12. Unique calibration strategy allows
accurate control of fuel delivery under both acceleration and
13. User selectable spark and fuel
delivery strategy for abnormal engine operation conditions to minimize
possibility of engine damage whilst still maintaining engine operation.. (eg:-
over heated or over boosted).
14. Comprehensive limp-home functions with
user selectable default settings that ensure engine operation can continue
after sensor failure has occurred.
15. User defined proportional output function that can be used for
additional functions as outlined in 10 above or for a more sophisticated
control function such as servo control of auxiliary butterfly for
turbocharged applications requiring precise throttle control and minimum
16. Full compensation of engine control
parameters for engine operation at any altitude (fuel delivery, ignition
timing and boost pressure).
17. Adaptive learning (with memory) to
minimize the number of user setups required and to provide optimal control
of air/fuel ratio, boost pressure and idle stability.
18. Rev limiter with soft characteristic
that uses a combination of fuel delivery and spark control.
19. Fuel pump safety shutoff. Pump stops 3
to 4 seconds after the engine stops.
20. Bi-directional input/output line for
simultaneous connection of remote adjusting unit.
21. Standard unit is ultra light
weight/compact yet has sufficient drive capacity for high power continuous
duty applications. (one unit OK for all applications from motor cycle to
large capacity twin turbo engines).
22. User configurable data logging of up
to 17 channels with the selected channels being sampled as fast as 50
times a second. With 32k bytes of non volatile memory.
23. Optional interface unit to allow
sequential operation without the need for separate crank/camshaft sensors
or special multi-sensor distributor.
24. Fuel used pulse output to electronic
or electromechanical counter with resolution of 0.1 liter (or use with
25. Remote monitoring of all functions
using telemetry adapter, ECU can perform simultaneous logging and
26. Water injection/intercooler cooling
for intake charge temperature control in turbo/super charged applications.
Sensors 1. Ignition input Hall effect, (Also available for direct
connection to magnetic reluctor type pickups).
2. No. 1 cylinder reference. (Also available for direct connection to
magnetic reluctor type pickups).
3. Road speed input. Hall effect (Also available for direct connection to
magnetic reluctor type pickups).
4. Turbo speed input. Magnetic Reluctor (must use optional interface
5. Barometric pressure. (Internal to ECU).
6. Manifold pressure. (Internal to ECU).
7. Throttle position.
8. Intake air temperature.
9. Engine coolant temperature.
10. Exhaust back pressure (optional).
11. Exhaust oxygen. (or optional Wide Range Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor).
Auxiliary 1. Air conditioner request.
2. Boost curve select.
Adjustments Idle mixture trim. (Internal
to ECU and screwdriver adjustable from outside).
Main 1. 8 off injector driver. (Optional 2 injectors per driver).
2. Ignition output.
Open collector output to any of the following:
1. Single coil high energy ignitions: Bosch 7 pin, Mitsubishi 3 pin.
2. Autronic Capacitor Discharge Ignition.
3. MSD 6A etc..
(4 outputs are available allowing multi coil distrubtor-less ignition for
applications on engines up to 8 cylinders).
Auxiliary 1. Fuel pump/injector fuel shut
off safety relay.
2. Air conditioner clutch relay.
3. Engine/Air conditioner cooling fan relay.
4. Engine cooling fan relay.
5. Idle speed actuator. (Variable duty cycle single pole type, eg:-
6. Turbocharger wastegate control valve. (SEM, most OEM types or Autronic
low or high capacity).
7. Turbocharger auxiliary butterfly control motor.
8. Spare duty cycle output with user define characteristic.
9. Fuel used pulse output. (for trip computer function).
1. Communications with "IBM" compatible computer for calibration, fault
| Intel 16 bit running @
| 6.2V to 23V DC
+/- 24V (5 min)
+/- 80V alternator load dump (0.5 sec).
+/- 1000V inductive spike (10 usec)
@ Engine idle
@ Max Engine Load
| < 1 Amp.
< 16 Amp (less depending on injector type and number.
| - 40 deg C.
+ 85 deg C.
|Engine Cylinder Number
Number of cylinders
| 1, 2, 3,
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16
0 to 30,000 RPM
0 to 16,000 RPM
0 to 15,000 RPM
| Engines up to 4
Engines up to 5 to 8 cylinders.
Engines 10 to 16 cylinders.
| 0.7 msec.
+/- < (10 usec + 1%)
| 0 to 720 deg (crank
+/- < (1.4 deg + 0.3 msec).
| 0 to 45 deg (crank
+/- 0.2 deg (crank angle).
0.5 deg (crank angle).
|Fuel Delivery and
No. Load sites
No. RPM sites
| 16 (max). Both
Load and RPM sites
32 (max). are freely selectable.
L * W * H
| 190 * 190 * 38 mm
235 * 190 * 38 mm (overall, including mounts & connector)
|| 1.35 kg
||52 way 'AMP'
socket using 3 separate plugs
|| 10 way high current
18 way low current plug.
24 way low current plug.
Miniature mic plug (3.5 mm stereo)
| 3 way for
communications with laptop computer.